Monday, February 1, 2010

The 80/20 Rule

Lately, I keep on coming across this rule. Basically, it was originally created to describe the observation that 20% of people own 80% of the wealth. Lately, whilst reading The 4-Hour Workweek, it was mainly applied to the scenario of 20% of your activities taking up 80% of your time (and making you inefficient). However, naturally, it also applies to clutter. For starters, look at your wardrobe. Do you wear 20% of your clothes 80% of the time? Read the great post that lists a number of areas where this is relevant to clutter over at Becoming Minimalist.

2 comments:

  1. I love the 80/20 rule. In fact, I've been using it having to do with clients in my business. We've been really watching how many of them spend little money, but take a ton of time and slowly jettisoning those clients.

    We've become so much more productive since we have more time to spend on the clients we can actually make happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I noticed that you're also in the BYW class - I hope you're enjoying the course as much as me :-)

    ReplyDelete