Friday, March 12, 2010

3 Decluttering Articles To Read

When deciding to declutter your life, you can take so many different approaches. One approach is to regular declutter and be more organised, but then there's also the opposite approach of simplification and having less clutter through owning less. The articles I've found for you today reflect these different approaches...

Unclutterer - 10 more uncluttering things to do every day: I really love these approach, or doing lots of small incremental decluttering, which means it's easy to fit into your everyday life. I challenge you to select one new thing to do from this list and see what a difference it makes to your life.

Lifehack - 5 Types of Emails You Should Be Automatically Filtering: This week I switched off nearly all of my email notifications for Facebook. I regularly use Facebook already, so unless it's a change of event date and time (for just in case I need to know before I next log in), there's no reason I need to receive email notifications as well as see the notifications in Facebook (sometimes before I get the email). They were simply clogging up by email box unless I immediately deleted them. Another approach (although unsubscribing from notifications is often a good idea) is to filter types of email like this out into special folders. This article will take you through the steps of doing that, and getting your email inbox back under control.

My Year Without Spending: Finally, this is a blog that I came across recently. Whilst Angela doesn't completely go without any spending (hello, food anyone?) (see her first post here and the list of exceptions here), she does place a lot of restrictions upon her expenditure. Regular posts include Thrifty Threads, Meatless Monday and Food Waste Friday, plus she recently posted about How to generate less trash. Lots of ideas for other people wanting to adopt at least some of her approaches to reducing unnecessary spending and wastage.

Have a wonderful weekend (I'm going away on a road trip) and I'll be back with more posts next week.

1 comment: